Presentation Topics

• 3 Nov 2017 1:15 PM
    Message # 5518555
    Deleted user

Members, please use this thread to suggest topics for our monthly member meetings.

Last modified: 3 Nov 2017 1:16 PM | Deleted user
  • 15 Nov 2017 8:37 AM
    Reply # 5587358 on 5518555
    Doug Englander

Michael,

Here are two topics that I can think of:

1. Set up and configuration of DB2 Web Query with its component parts, along with an Overview, and why I would use it versus a competing product running on SQL server or Linux. Maybe some very basic examples too.

2. On the systems I have used over the years, there always seems to be many fonts and character sets available on IBM i. However, in most places, they seem to default to the normal courier for printouts, and use excel downloads to make the reports "pretty". It would be nice to know how to choose the correct / different font and locate it for use. Also cover the relationships between the different keywords in a PRTF definition and parameters to the OVRPRTF command (i.e. Font identifier, Point Size, Graphic Character Set, Code Page, Font Character Set, Coded Font, AFP, IPDS, PCI, CDEFNT, CHRID, CHRSIZ, FNTCHRSET, FONT, FONTNAME). Basically, how do I look at font samples for the fonts available on the system, and use them in my printed output. It seems like there is a ton of capability, but getting everything to work together to get the output you want seems to be a full time job. Workstation Customization Objects could also be a part of this presentation.

Thank you,

Doug 

• 16 Nov 2017 2:02 PM
    Reply # 5589833 on 5518555
    Deleted user

Doug,

I like those ideas. I'll get with the other board members and we'll get to work on those.

Michael